This Summery Chicken Pasta Salad with Grapes is the perfect dish for cookouts, hot summer nights, easy lunches or any day you want something quick and wonderful
What I love about this recipe is it is so easy and very different from your usual pasta salad. It is very lemony so the red grapes are needed to balance it out. There is nothing better on a hot summer night then this. It is so cool and satisfying. This summery pasta salad is the perfect one dish meal for any occasion. A pasta salad this easy is something you need in the rotation. Get a rotisserie chicken, break it apart, add it to your favorite pasta with chopped spinach and chopped grapes along with the wonderful dressing in the recipe below and you are good to go. A warm summer night just calls for this cool and satisfying Summery Chicken Pasta Salad with Grapes/
My good friend Pam has always made this summery pasta salad and I finally convinced her to share the recipe with me. So she will get full credit for her culinary prowess.
Summertime is always the best of what might beCharles Bowden
Summery Chicken Pasta Salad with Red Grapes
- 1 12 oz box Pasta Bowties or Rotini work well
- 3 cups Cooked Chicken Breast rotisserie chicken works great here
- 3 cups red grapes sliced in half
- 3 cups Baby Spinach coarsely chopped
- Zest of 2 lemons
- 1/2 cup Fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup Olive oil
- 1/2 cup Red wine vinegar
- 1.5 tsp garlic powder
- 1.5 tsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp honey
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the pasta as directed and rinse under cool water.
- When the pasta is cooled, add the chicken, grapes, and chopped spinach
- For the dressing. Mix lemon juice, zest, olive oil, red wine vinegar and spices.
- Mix the dressing well. Add to the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Refrigerate for about a half hour and enjoy.