These seriously are the best muffins ever and so easy to make. I cannot take credit for these, someone gave me the recipe and I am not sure of the origin. But thank you to whoever thought of it. The idea seemed strange but I quickly realized what a great way to get a vegetable into my child who seems to be allergic to almost every other vegetable except broccoli and cauliflower. So here it is …. couldn’t be any easier and they will never even know there is pumpkin in them. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
The Easiest Chocolate Muffins
- 1 15 oz can Pumpkin Puree
- 1 box Devils Food Cake Mix Whatever brand you prefer
- Preheat over to 400 degrees Fahrenheit
- THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT. liberally spray your bowl and utensils with cooking spray to avoid sticking. DO NOT USE CUPCAKE LINERS. The muffins will stick to them.
- Combine the cake mix and the pumpkin puree. This is harder than you would expect. It takes a bit, but be persistent and it will all come together.
- Spread evenly in muffin tin. An ice cream scoop and an extra soup spoon work well here. You should get 12 muffins out of it. This step is very sticky.
- Cook for 15 minutes and they are done. Great warm.