My first attempt at Risotto! Do you believe it? I have always been a big fan, but very intimidated to make it. It was so worth it.
No one is born a great cook, one learns by doing – Julia Child
- 5 slices of bacon, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups Arborio Rice
- 4 cups of low-salt chicken broth (plus 1/4 to 1/2 cup for the end)
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (about 1 large lemon)
- Zest of the lemon
- 1 cup of cooked chicken (chopped)
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground pepper
- 3-4 cups of fresh spinach
- 1 roasted shallot (chopped)
- 1/2 -3/4 cups of freshly grated Parmesan
- 1 tbsp. fresh parsley, chopped
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In large, heavy, oven-safe pot, cook the bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove the bacon and drain on paper towels.
Add the onions and cook until tender, about 5 minutes. Add the rice and cook for about 3 more minutes, stirring frequently. Add the lemon juice and 4 cups of the chicken broth. Stirring frequently, bring to a boil. Cover the pot and put in the oven for 20 minutes.
After 20 minutes, remove the pan from the oven and return to stove top over medium-low heat. Now add the spinach, chicken and roasted shallots and remaining chicken broth. Stir for about 2 minutes (until spinach is wilted). Add more broth if needed. Add the bacon, lemon zest and Parmesan cheese and stir until creamy.
Garnish with parsley and Parmesan cheese.