Spring is here …. despite the 40 degree weather. And it is time to break out all the spring and summer recipes. This Simple Mango Salsa is the first one that I thought of. It is so wonderful and versatile. I first made this salsa years ago and it has been on regular rotation ever since. It is simple to make and elevates anything you put it on …. grilled chicken or fish, tacos, salad, chips or in any bowl now a days.
Chop all the ingredients and combine in a bowl. Good luck cutting the mango. I think mangos are my least favorite thing to deal with. I make a huge mess trying to cut them, but it is worth it. Well worth it.
My advice is to let the salsa sit in the fridge for a few hours, but if you don’t the time, feel free to eat immediately.
Life without Mexican food is like no life at all.-Unknown
Simple Mango Salsa
- 1 Fresh Mango Peel, sliced and diced
- 1 cup Black Beans Rinsed
- 1/2 Red onion Diced
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tbsp Fresh cilantro Chopped fine
- Salt To taste
- 1 Jalapeno De-seeded and diced fine. This is optional and you can add as little or as much as you want to.
- Peel and dice the mango into small pieces.
- Chopped the red onion fine and add to mangoes.
- Rinse the black beans and add.
- Chopped the Cilantro fine.
- Combine all the ingredients along with cumin and orange juice.
- Refrigerate for at least an hour.