It’s not whether you get knocked down, It’s whether you get up. – Vince Lombardi
Serve over white rice with a side of corn bread.
- 1 Onion Large, chopped
- 1 Green bell pepper Chopped
- 3 Celery Stalks Chopped
- 2 Garlic cloves Chopped fine
- 1 15 oz. can Diced Tomatoes No salt, undrained
- 1.5 cups Smoked Sausage Fully cooked and chopped (Andouille or Chorizo)
- ½ tsp. Dried Thyme Flakes
- 1 tbsp. Parsley Chopped or 1/2 tsp. dried
- ½ tsp. Salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- ¼ tsp. Hot Sauce (red pepper based) or more if you like
- 1 lb. Shrimp Uncooked, peeled, non-frozen and de-veined
- Saute the sausage in a large cast iron skillet or heavy pot on medium heat. Once browned remove the sausage and set aside. Add the onions, peppers and celery to the pot, saute for 2 minutes and add garlic. Saute for another minute. Add the remaining ingredients, except for the shrimp. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and let simmer for 30 minutes. Add the shrimp and cook until pink and curled up.
- (Even works great in the crock pot, just throw everything in and cook on low for 4-6 hours and add the shrimp in cook for another 20 minutes). Additions: Can substitute chicken for shrimp if you want. OkraAllergy information: Contains Shrimp. Nut Free, Peanut Free (depending on the sausage you use, so double check), egg free and dairy free.