My kids Aunt Pam is a great cook and you will see a lot of her recipes here. I wish I had her talent. She is very brave and will try anything. I am not so brave, but I will gladly copy her tried and true recipes and allow her to have all the glory.
The people who give your their food give you their heart – Cesar Chavez
- 5 lbs. sirloin tips (sometimes I use leftover roast beef cut into chunks and it is great)
- 1 10z. package white mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 cup water
- 1 large can tomato sauce (i.e. Hunt’s)
- 1 large turnip (I prefer 1 small)
- 5 potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 6 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, diced
In large, heavy pot, brown sirloin tips, add mushrooms and cook until soft. Add garlic and cook a few minutes more. Add flour and mix well. Pour water over the beef mixture. Add the can of tomatoes, potatoes, carrots and turnips. If you are gluten free, leave out the flour and add a little cornstarch instead. Add more water and salt and pepper to taste. I like to simmer for a few hours.
YOU DEFINITELY NEED SOME BREAD TO GO WITH THIS STEW!
Allergens: Carrots, Gluten, Nut Free